Hi There! Is this Your First Time?
Did you know if you Register you have access to free search tools including the ability to save listings and property searches? Did you know that you can bypass the search altogether and have listings sent directly to your email address? Check out our how-to page for more info.
6295 Jefferson Rd, Athens
This elegant Antebellum homestead has been extensively expanded and remodeled with luxury updates that blend beautifully with its preserved historical elements. It features two large master suites on the first floor that are on the opposite ends of the house. Built in 1820 the core structure is the oldest building on its original foundation in Athens. Through the Civil War it was known as the GumSprings Inn hosting travelers along the 1805 Federal Road between Athens and Gainesville. This private sanctuary located on 6.59 acres is bordered by Turkey Creek on one side and over 15 acres of fields and woods on the other that is held in a conservation land trust. Yet it is only 5 miles to downtown Athens. With daily deer sightings the flourishing landscape boasts pecan, walnut, persimmon, magnolia, dogwood trees, azaleas and natural springs, the land truly offers a naturally beautiful oasis. While on city water and sewer a private well can provide drinkable water. Would make an excellent extended family homestead as two other buildings offer separate living quarters which also provide rent possibilities. There are three properties: the Main Home, 4500 sqft air controlled interior area, 4 bed, 4 full bath, 1 half bath, and 1 recreation room; Carriage Guest House built 1950s, 832 sqft, 2 bed, 2 full bath; Cottage built 1990s 700 sqft, 1 bed, 1 full bath; and Detached Garage built 2002, 4 bays. This property is truly special: a peaceful haven offering distinctive history spanning 200 years.
- MLS® #8742178
- Full Baths7
- Half Baths2
- Square Footage5,962
- Year Built1820
- TypeSingle Family
- StyleCountry/Rustic, Other (See Remarks)
- AmenitiesBoat/Camper/Van Prkg
- Parking3 Car Or More, Kitchen Level Entry, Parking Pad, RV/Boat Parking, Guest Parking, Off Street, Attached, Auto Garage Door, Detached, Garage, Side/Rear Entrance, Storage
- Is WaterfrontYes
- ExteriorOther (See Remarks), Deck/Patio, Garden Area, Out Building, Porch, Workshop
- Lot DescriptionLevel Lot, Wooded, Private Backyard, 5-10 Acres
- WindowsDouble Pane/Thermo
- ConstructionConcrete Siding, Press Board Siding, Wood Siding
- Days on Market91
- Address6295 Jefferson Rd
- Zip Code30606
- InteriorHardwood Floors, Other (See Remarks), Recently Renovated, Separate Shower, Tile Floors, Walk-in Closet, Carpet, Bookcases, Double Vanity, Exposed Beams, Foyer - Entrance, Garden Tub, Skylight, Whirlpool Bath
- AppliancesDishwasher, Icemaker Line, Refrigerator, Stainless Steel Appliance, Cooktop - Separate, Double Oven, Garbage Disposal, Microwave - Built In, Oven - Wall
- HeatingCentral, Heat Pump, Electric, Zoned/Dual
- CoolingElectric, Central, Heat Pump, Zoned/Dual
- # of Fireplaces4
- Stories2 Stories
- ElementaryWhitehead Road
- MiddleBurney Harris Lyons
- HighClarke Central
- Listing OfficeColdwell Banker Upchurch Rlty.
Price Change History for 6295 Jefferson Rd, Athens, GA (MLS® #8742178)
|Price Reduced (from $799,900)||$675,000||$124,900 (15.61%)|
|Active (from New)||–||–|
The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Broker Reciprocity Program of Georgia MLS. Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Go Realty Of Georgia & Alabam are marked with the Broker Reciprocity logo and detailed information about them includes the name of the listing brokers.
The information being provided is for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Information Deemed Reliable But Not Guaranteed.
The broker providing this data believes it to be correct, but advises interested parties to confirm them before relying on them in a purchase decision.
Copyright 2020 Georgia MLS. All rights reserved.
Listing information last updated on May 26th, 2020 at 7:35am CDT.